Terms and Conditions
1. The Hospice of the Good Shepherd Lottery (hereinafter referred to as “The Lottery”) is promoted and operated by The Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd. - Registered in England No. 180/1581 and is a subsidiary of the Hospice of the Good Shepherd Registered Charity No. 515516 All proceeds are donated to The Hospice of the Good Shepherd, Gordon Lane, Backford, Chester. CH2 4DG.
2. All Lottery subscriptions and tickets cost £1.00 each per week and are payable in advance. Such advance payments are held by The Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd.
3. The Draw takes place every Thursday at The Hospice of the Good Shepherd, Gordon Lane, Backford, Chester.CH2 4DG. Members will not be entered into the draw if their account is not in credit by at least £1.00. Ad hoc supplementary enhanced prize fund Draws may take place from time to time and all members will be entered in automatically if they have a credit of at least £1 on their membership on the date of the Draw.
4. Accepted payment methods can be direct debit, cheque, debit/credit card or cash. Regular automated payment facilities can be set up by direct debit. Player’s authority is required to set up a regular automated payment using their Bank Account details. Additional credit which may accumulate from payment by direct debit or standing order, may be allocated to provide the Player with additional entries in lottery Super draws or can be requested as a refund of subscriptions.
5. Prize winners will be notified by post. Weekly Draw details can be found via our website www.hospiceofthegoodshepherd.com on facebook, or call the Lottery Office (0151 356 8899).
6. Members MUST be 18 years of age or over and be resident in Great Britain.
7. Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying us in writing, by telephone or via e-mail. Any remaining credit under £1.00 will be treated as a donation to the hospice. If you pay by Standing Order you must also notify your bank.
8. The Hospice of the Good Shepherd Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association (HLA) and the Lotteries Council both of whom on behalf of its members makes a financial contribution towards BeGambleaware and GamCare.The Hospice Lotteries Association website www.hospicelotteries.org.uk has a page dedicated to an organisation to responsible gambling and provides details about BeGambleAware www.begambleaware.org and Gamcare, the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can be found on the Gamcare website www.gamcare.org.uk or telephone the Freephone GamCare Helpline 0808 8020 133.
9. An instruction to be self-excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from The Hospice of the Good Shepherd Lottery or one-off enhanced prize fund Draws may be submitted in writing, faxed or telephoned through to the Lottery office. Customers wishing to use this facility will not be able to re-join the lottery for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion.
10. Any complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery office. In the event a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to the Hospice Senior Management team. If the dispute is still unresolved then it will be referred to the Independent Betting Arbitration Service who are the third party arbitrators for complaints.
11. By taking part in The Lottery, you are consenting to storing and processing personal details and any other information you have provided and to us contacting you in relation to your subscription, membership and/or tickets. We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements to protect and securely store this information. We will not share this information with any third party other than is necessary for the purposes of operating the Lottery. Unless we hold your personal information for any other purposes, we will delete this as soon as reasonably practicable after you inform us that you wish to cancel your membership. The Hospice of the Good Shepherd Lottery cannot accept liability for any losses arising in connection with delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, e-mail or fax or for any delays in the banking system.
12. The weekly Prize Fund can be subject to change and members will be notified via the hospice website, social media, retail shops and local press. In addition the hospice reserves the right to modify its Terms & Conditions without notice.
13. If the cheque has not been cashed within six months we will assume that you wish to donate your prize to patient care at the Hospice.
14. Please ensure any changes to your address are notified to the hospice lottery office, any prize winning mail returned as gone away will be treated as a donation after six months. The hospice will make all reasonable attempts to locate the winning lottery member.
15. Trustees, Senior Management and Lottery administration staff are excluded from joining the Hospice Lottery and partaking in any Ad Hoc Super Draw raffles.